83 – 8th Avenue, NW
PO Box 910
Nakusp, BC V0G 1R0
Tim Payne, Executive Director
Phone: 250-265-3674, ext. 210
Robyn Hicks, Site Manager
Phone: 250-265-3692, ext.1
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Assisted Living philosophy?
- Promoting choices, privacy, independence, individuality, dignity and respect.
Who monitors the quality of service?
- All providers are governed by Provincial Legislation, the Community Care and Assisted Living Act.
- All providers in BC must register with the Provincial Assisted Living Registrar’s Office.
- As a provider we must meet the standard set out by the contracts we hold with Interior Health and BC Housing.
- Interior Health staff will continue to assess and monitor the care provided.
Who is eligible for Assisted Living?
- People who wish to live as independently as possible in a housing environment.
- People who require personal and supportive services.
- People who have the ability and desire to self-direct their care.
- Those who meet provincial eligibility criteria.
What personal care and services are provided?
- Care and service plan to manage your health and well-being.
- Medication reminders or assists.
- Scheduled personal care and as-needed care such as bathing and grooming.
- Unscheduled personal care available around the clock.
- Plus, other home and community care services as required, such as home care nursing, physiotherapy etc.
What hospitality services are included?
- Two meals per day, lunch and supper
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry for linens
- Social and recreational activities
- 24-hour response service
Can tenants bring their own furniture or host overnight guests?
- Yes, Assisted Living is like any other rental apartment.
- Occupants furnish their own houses and can choose to host overnight guest.
How much does Assisted Living cost?
- Halcyon House has funded as well as Private suits.
- The funded Rates are set at 70% of after-tax net income, to a maximum limit. Plus $15 per month for Hydro.
- Private Suite is $1111.00 per month. Hydro included.
- Private Couples suite is $ 2175.00 per month for the couple. Hydro included.
How do I apply for Assisted Living?
- If you are currently a client of Home and Community care, discuss the matter with your Home Care Nurse.
- If you are not a current client with Home and Community Nursing you may contact your local Home and Community Nursing Department for an assessment, contact your Physician for a referral or you may contact Halcyon House directly at 250-265-3692 ext 1.
Does Assisted Living replace residential care?
- Assisted Living is for those who need some extra help to remain independent, but who do not require 24 hour care in a residential care facility.
- Assisted Living helps bridge the gap between care in the home and professional care in a residential facility.
Are Pets welcome?
- Yes, pets are welcome. The tenant or visitors are fully responsible for the care of the pet.