UPDATE — September 25, 2017 — Position has been filled
Arrow & Slocan Lakes Community Services is seeking a Social Venture Coordinator to join their dynamic team. This is a one year contract position with the possibility of an extension.
Summary: The main purpose of this role is to participate in the development and growth of social ventures and to provide supervision and support to clients with diverse needs.
- Understanding of social ventures and supported employment practices
- Knowledge of recycling, firewood and shredding industries
- Familiar with business practices, procedures, sales, and knowledge of administrative accounting functions pertaining to business operations
- Ability to cost materials and labour to provide accurate quotes to customers
- Knowledge of Employment Standards of BC and WorkSafe BC
- Ability to work with general and specialized populations with diverse needs
- Effectively support a work crew and instruct individuals to perform tasks as independently as possible
- Supervise and instruct and carry out group work, working as an active member to ensure all facets of jobs are completed.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders/partners
- Proven experience with writing grant applications
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Social Media and Marketing
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote existing Social Venture programs and potential new opportunities
- This position is highly suited to individuals who are self motivated, organized and creative with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and with a cheerful disposition.
- Supervisory experience
- Drivers Licence and Criminal Record Check
Schedule will be 21 hours per week at a rate of $20.00 per hour. After a successful 3 month probation review, eligible for company paid benefits and possible pay increase.
Submit resume and cover letter by 11 September 2017:
Arrow & Slocan Lakes Community Services
Attn : HR Manager
Mail : Box 100, Nakusp, BC, V0G 1R0
Fax : 250-265-3378
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Arrow & Slocan Lakes Community Services is an equity employer and encourages applications from all persons including those with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of our organization. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.